2017 Event Dates:
Wednesday, August 30 – Monday, September 4, 2017
The Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-Off is America’s biggest and best free-entry barbecue festival!
Come out and enjoy the country’s best grilling competition, located at the Nugget Casino Resort in Sparks, Nevada, just outside of Reno. Two dozen of the world’s top barbecue competitors serve up more than 240,000 pounds of ribs for hundreds of thousands of hungry event-goers on Victorian Square.
Admission, parking, shuttles and entertainment are always free!
- Wednesday, August 30 – Monday, September 4, 2017
- Event Hours:
- Wednesday – Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Monday: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Kids area: Open every day during the event
- Rib Village Hours:
- Wednesday – Sunday: 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Monday: Noon – 5:00 p.m.
- Event Location:
- Victorian Square, Sparks, Nevada on Victorian Avenue between 14th Street and Pyramid Way.
- Free Parking:
- Parking near the event is extremely limited and fills quickly. We recommend taking advantage of the free shuttle service!
- Where to stay:
- Stay in the heart of the action at the Nugget Casino Resort, located on Victorian Square.
- What to eat:
- Check out the list of Rib Cookers and find your favorites.
- Pet Policy:
- Pets and non-service animals are not permitted on Victorian Square per local regulations.
Future Dates for the Nugget Best in the West, Rib Cook-Off
August 29 – September 3, 2018
August 28 – September 2, 2019
September 2 – September 7, 2020